Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

For my first blog entry, i guess its fitting to talk about Thanksgiving, since its today.  Today was a unique Thanksgiving, because it was just me and Dad, which was a first.  The girls were all with their in-laws, and mom went down to grandma and grandpas in cali.  dad had to work and i had some things to do here, plus if i had left that would leave dad alone on Thanksgiving and that just doesnt seem right.  So, since it was just the two of us, we decided we didnt need to do a turkey, we thought about doing cornish game hens, but decided on ribs instead.  our rational was that the pilgrims would have eaten ribs, why not us?  thats right, so we had BBQ pork ribs, steamed brussels sprouts, grilled potatoes (that had been rubbed with olive oil and salt), french bread, and pina coladas.  nothing too fancy, but just right.  I am very thankful for it, thats for sure.
And to be warm on this cold snowy evening.
And for dogs that are cuddly.
And for family who is always there for me.
And for friends that make me laugh. Im Always thankful for those.  I count a friend that I can laugh with as a prized possession, and i have a fair share of them, and am so thankful for them all.
And for my Faith.  It is part of what shapes me and makes me who i am.
And for Music (the making of and listing to).  It is also part of the foundation of my character.
And for wool socks. 
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment